F L E Fishery
Welcome to FLE Fishery
The FLE Fishery is set on a tranquil countryside farm located just outside of Romsey, close to the New Forest National Park. The Top Lake at FLE Fishery, managed by FLE Angling and Outdoor Pursuits, is approx 1 acre with an average depth of 5 feet and contains carp to over 22 lb. There is a great chance of serious session weights on this lake.
Comprising of 4 canal lakes, FLE Top Lake, a state of the art coaching and customer facilities and onsite tackle & bait store, it really does have everything you could want from a modern commercial fishery.
Our visits to FLE Fishery:
An article about our visit to FLE Fishery in March 2013 can be found here.
Gaz Fareham’s Carp Club
Membership is just £30 a month.
This will entitle you to join the Master Class, have unlimited daytime fishing at the FLE Fishery and attend the weekly social Thursday evening meetings.
To sign up for Gaz Fareham’s Carp Club please visit the Booking Section, click on the ‘FLE Open Events and Matches’ link and scroll down to Gaz Fareham’s Carp Club.
Each Canal has large, stable wooden platforms and great access. With 40 pegs spread between the four Canals there is plenty of space for all anglers.
- Carp to 12 lb
- Crucian carp
FLE also run regular events such as tuitions, carp teach-ins, school holiday courses, open matches and much, much more. Please visit the website for full details.
The Top Lake is an atmospheric one acre lake with an island, great marginal features and Carp up to 22 lb. With an average size of fish above 10 lb the FLE Top Lake is not easy, but for those wanting a challenge in beautiful surroundings it is a hidden gem waiting to be discovered.
Carp species in Top Lake:
- Ghost Carp
- Mirror Carp
- Common Carp
You will find the FLE Fishery a joy to fish with action coming fast and furious at times, making for the perfect venue for novice and experienced anglers alike. The staff will be more than happy to help you and pass on local knowledge on your arrival at the fishery.
Information:Please find information for the opening times, facilities, prices, and rules listed below.
8am to 7.30pm or Dusk (whichever is the earliest)
- 48 purpose built fishing swims with great access.
- Tuition, Matches, Laser Clay Shooting and Educational Courses available.
- Tackle and Bait room
- Landing Nets, Large Unhooking Mats and Weigh Slings are provided free of charge to anyone fishing the FLE Top Lake
- Clean wheelchair accessible Toilet Facilities.
- Golf Buggy Service for those who need help to their swims.
- Match Scales, Unhooking Mats and Tripods available to match groups FOC.
- Site is fully Otter Fenced
- Outdoor Seating Area around the FLE Pond
* Under 16′s and over 65′s
Evenings and nights:
5pm until close
4pm until close
- Term time only – £3.00
- 5pm until 8am – £10.00
* All under 16′s must be accompanied by an adult)
If you ignore or break these rules you will be asked to leave the fishery.
General FLE Fishery rules:
- Barbless hooks only
- Strictly no alcohol or drugs
- No keepnets
- No bread
- 2 rods per angler maximum
- Every angler must have a landing net and unhooking mat
- Tickets must be purchased prior to fishing
- No dogs, fires or wading
Additional match rules
- Club captains to make sure all anglers are aware of the rules prior to fishing.
- Maximum of 75lb per keepnet. It is advised that anglers bring 3 keepnets.
- No Perch in keepnets please
- All keepnets to be bone dry and laid out for a minimum of 15 minutes prior to being put in the water.
- Use toilet facilities – Yes even for a pee! We have children and families also on-site.
- Please be respectful of other day-ticket anglers also using the site.
- If any angler is found to be moving airators, ropes or no-fishing tapes then everyone will be asked to leave the fishery.
- FLE Unhooking mats must be used for weigh-ins. No nets on the bank please.
iWhilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information for FLE Fishery, if you do find anything to be incorrect then please click on 'Provide venue info' link below.
This can be used to either provide corrections to the existing information, or provide new information for the directions.
Have you had a day to remember at FLE Fishery?We would love to hear from you, so please feel free to use the catch report form provided by clicking on the 'Add your catch report' link below.
Or if you just want to hear about the other exciting captures, then take a look through the existing catch reports to read the reports posted by other anglers, and get ready for your next visit!
Catch reports:There aren't currently any catch reports available for this venue.
What did you think of your session?If you have recently visited FLE Fishery why not add a review to let other anglers read about your experience?
Or if you are thinking of planning a visit, read what others think of the venue in the existing reviews.
Login requiredPlease login to submit a review.
If you don't have an account, why not Register? It only takes a minute.
If you already have an account, you can Login Now.
Reviews:There aren't currently any reviews available for this venue.
Please use the map below to locate FLE Fishery. Click on the marker to get directions to or from the venue.